1. Vendors assigned to a booth are expected to operate said booth with adequate staff and inventory for the entire duration of the Spring Market event. Vendor agrees to: (1) set up on Saturday, December 3, 2022, by 9:30 a.m. CST, (2) have the booth operating on Saturday, December 3 and Sunday, December 4, 2022, and (3) remove all merchandise on Sunday, December 4 between 4:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. CST after the event. Setup will become available starting at 3 pm on Friday, December 2, 2022.
2. Vendors will use the booth rented solely for the purpose of displaying merchandise for sale at the Spring Market. The JLFS reserves the right to reject any undesirable material or merchandise.
3. Booths and badges may not be transferred, sold, leased, shared, or sublet in whole or part without the written permission of the JLFS.
4. Due to Fort Smith fire codes, promotional display, and sale of merchandise must be confined to the vendor’s booth area only. Vendors in violation are subject to being fined for any and all items extending outside of the booth’s dimensions.
5. Vendor shall not play any music or recordings and shall not use microphones to make sounds or noises.
6. Vendors are independent and separate entities from the JLFS. Vendors agree to collect any sales tax for their sales and comply with all the requirements of the Arkansas State Department of Revenue, the City of Fort Smith, Sebastian County, Arkansas, and all other laws and regulations governing vendor’s activities.
7. The JLFS makes no warranties with respect to vendor merchandise and will not take responsibility with respect to the collection of unpaid accounts, returned checks, or the return of merchandise.
8. The JLFS may cancel and terminate this contract at any time upon written notice to the vendor.
9. If the booth is empty at the opening of Holiday Market, the JLFS may permit others to occupy that booth with no recourse for the vendor who has not occupied the booth.
10. Companies are warned that the presence of security personnel or security systems does not constitute a guarantee against loss, a policy of insurance, or a promise to indemnify in the event of a loss. Vendors are expected to insure themselves against any and all losses that they might sustain.
11. The JLFS is not responsible for advising or otherwise assisting vendors with respect to any tax or other legal matters or requirements.